Friday, November 6, 2015

Great Friends!

Great Friends!

 
We are at a Bible Conference this week and have heard some great preaching! Over and over I am amazed at the friends we have. I wasted so much of my life living for the things of the world and now that the Lord has restored me unto Him, He has placed us around people who have spent their whole lives serving the Lord! I feel like I am playing catchup but I am so thankful that the Lord has placed us with some wonderful people.
 
My grandma says "a good friend is better than money" and she is right!
 
The Bible says in Proverbs 27:17
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
 
There are certain people in my life who, whenever I see them, dispite my current situation,  I always smile!  A certain preacher's wife is such an encouragement to me that my heart is encouraged just at a glimpse of her!  Another preacher's wife is an encouragement to me in the way she prays. You know by the way she speaks with such humbleness of heart that she has been talking with the Savior! Another in the way she handles her children with such grace and patience!  Another is an encouragement in her words. She has been diligent in learning the Scriptures and hiding God's Word in her heart, because she answers questions with scripture.
 
Oh how I desire to be a godly woman!
 
 
 
 
Which also reminds me of a great friendship in the Bible.
 
Ruth and Naomi!
 
Naomi was not only Ruth's mother in law, she was also her friend. And Ruth was not only a daughter in law, but she showed herself friendly and was friend to Naomi. Naomi had lost everything.  Her husband, her sons, her hope, and her joy. She heard there was once again bread in Bethlehem and arose to return to her homeland.
 
Ruth showed herself friendly as she stuck with Naomi despite her pleadings for Ruth to return to her home. The best friends know your needs and do what they can to take care of them despite what you tell them! In return Naomi was a friend to Ruth! For the Bible says they left speaking to each other. I believe Naomi was telling Ruth what Bethlehem was like.  I believe she was telling Ruth what was to come.
 
A good friend won't throw you out to the wolves. They will give you any insight they may have on the issue. Thank God for good friends! Latter we see Naomi giving insight on another matter. On how to present herself to her redeemer!  Amen! I am so greatful for that day a friend told me about the redeemer! And for friends who continue to encourage me in my walk with my redeemer!

 

Who in your life encourages you to have a closer walk with Christ?

How do you encourage others to do the same? 


No comments:

Post a Comment