Thursday, November 5, 2015

Mommy Moment Monday: A "That's Why I Homeschool" Moment!



I love winter!
Just the thought of cold weather, snow, and hot chocolate make me smile :) If you will notice, in the winter time, on a clear night, the sky is slammed full of beautiful stars! It is fall now and there's a chill in the air that reminds me of a night that the Lord used my sweet children to remind me of how little I am and how big He is!


One night last winter we were late getting home from revival services (hallelujah) and the sky was clear and full of stars. We got out of the car and this was our conversation:




Si-Man: WOW! Look at all the stars!
Everyone: WOW! That is Beautiful!
El-Bug: That's a lot of sons!
Me: Sons? What do you mean El-Bug?
El-Bug: God made a covenant with Abraham that he would have more sons than the stars in the sky!

As the tears flowed down my face, I thought to myself...thank you God for your blessings on me!

Meanwhile, my husband, is shouting it down, praising God for His blessings, having a case of the "CAN'T HELP ITS" I can't help but praise Him.


I don't deserve my family, yet He gave me one. I don't deserve to be able to be in church every night of the week for 2 weeks, yet He's allowed it! I don't deserve to be able to homeschool, yet He has made a way! I don't deserve to live for Christ, yet He made a way!
That's GRACE...God giving us what we do not deserve!


I deserve hell, yet He made a way through His son Jesus Christ.
That's MERCY...God not giving me what I do deserve!
 
Romans 5:8
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment