Truth is...pretty things tend to be a waste of time for me. And sometimes a waste of money!
*I know this post will be anything but popular in blogger world.
I can't tell you how many of those cute and easy chore charts I have
(I would throw them away but I spent some time and money on those things!)
- Divide the paper into 6 blocks.
- Write "Daily" in the first box
- Write one day of the week (Monday-Friday) in the remaining boxes.
- Write down 5 things you NEED to do everyday that you often forget.
- DELEGATE...Beside each of those 5 things, write the name of any child who could complete that chore or the name of the child you want to complete that chore.
- Take the number of rooms/areas you have in your house and devide them into 5 days.
Upstairs Hallway Area and Closet
Tuesday: Kitchen and Dining, and Living Room
Wednesday: E's Room, Boy's Room, Upstairs Area and Closet
Thursday: Master Bedroom and School Area
Our School Area is in the Living Room but it needs straightened more than once a week.
Now...I do laundry every day!
So, on Monday under Laundry Room I don't write "do laundry".
Clear Table - E, S, W
Fold and put away all clothes - E, S
Pair Socks - E, S, W
Straighten Shelves - E
Straighten Shoes - E, S, W
Vacuum - E, S
Empty Trash - E, S, W
Wipe down doors, windows, surfaces, washer and dryer - E, S, W
As I make these lists, I assign a task based on what needs to be done.
While doing chores, set the timer for 15 minutes (20 - 30 minutes on those messy days) and work until the timer goes off! No more and no less! If they finish early, no problem, you've got a handy dandy list!