Thursday, November 12, 2015

What to do When You Are Overwhelmed!!!!

What To Do When You Are Overwhelmed!


Women have a lot to do! Don't we?


For instance. ..these are just some of the many different hats I wear on a daily basis!

Wife
Preacher's Wife
Mom
Homeschool Mom
Teacher
Tutor
Friend
Councilor
Nurse
Doctor
Cook
Baker
House Keeper
Chofuer
Cheerleader
Travel Agent
Fashion Consultant
Etc...Etc...Etc...

With all the hats we wear,  it is easy to feel overwhelmed.

So, what can you do to fix that you ask?!?!

I have no clue!

But, I have found something that works for me when I get the "I've got so much to do I don't know where to start" attitude.

1st - Tell yourself that you can't do it!

Whaaaaatttt?!?!

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Ok...common verse...I can do all things...how?...through Christ!
Through Christ is how to do anything. Because without Him I can't do anything. I am nothing. But, read on...

Philippians 4:17-20 "Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Amen! I have exactly what I need to do what I need to do because I am a child of the King and He alone supplies all my needs!

So, after you read this, take a deep breath...

2nd - Make a list...
a list of every routine you have to do...I mean everything.
(I say routine because there are certain lists within these lists that had to be accomplished)
It may look something like this although much more detailed!
Get Dressed
Brush Teeth
Read Bible
Start Supper
Breakfast
Blog
Kids Up
Chores
Homeschool
Lunch
Piano
Post Office
Karate
Groceries
Library (Lego Play)
Cook
Clean Up
Pack for trip
And So On And So Forth!

Then Prioritize!
Read Bible
Get Dressed
Homeschool
Cook
Clean
ETC...

3rd - Tackel these routines one at a time!

This is one reason we feel overwhelmed! We think everything has to be done perfectly and timely.  But,  the fact is, it doesn't!  Can you go to the past office while the daughter is at piano? Or why not just do that tomorrow?

Yes Lego Play at the library is fun!  Yes it is only twice a month!  But,  couldn't you just skip that today and just come up with a fun challenge to do at home with your own legos?

We are busy...but, most of the time, we don't have to be!  There's always something you can drop!

4th - Look back and say God, you were right. You are always right. 

He always supplies exactly what we need when we need it. Notice I didn't say what we want. But, what we NEED! My God is a mighty God.

I am reminded of an excerpt from one of my favorite books...Morning Devotions by Susannah Spurgeon by Charles Ray
She refers to Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"

Mrs. Spurgeon says this "...He gave his most precious treasure; could he withhold any lesser good from you? He has given you pounds; will he refuse you pence? No; while faith is thus quickened into lively exercise by the Spirit of God, the cadences of exulting praise must ring out, clear and loud, 'How shall he not with him also freely give us all things?'...Think well, my hear, what 'all things' mean to you! If you have Christ, then along with him, and included in him, you possess 'all things'. All spiritual blessings, rich and precious, are laid up for you in this divine storehouse, and God's choicest and most excellent gifts are here waiting for your faith to claim them. 

Rejoice, my soul, that Christ and 'the things of Christ' cannot be divided. Pardon, peace, sanctification, close communion with Jesus, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit - are not all these gathered together 'with him' as a cluster of ripe grapes on a choice vine? Having him, you have all else. There is not a need or desire of your inner life which cannot be triumphantly met by faith's unwavering challenge, 'How shall he not?' Nor is there a necessity of your temporal state which cannot equally claim the blessing of possessing 'all things' in Christ."

And I was worried about getting everything done!?!?! Thank you Lord for picking me up, wiping off my sin of doubt, and putting me back on solid ground. Back on the rock that is Jesus!

God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment