Monday, November 2, 2015

Lord, help us Mommies!


How many times a day does your child say "Mommy"?



I asked Jeeves and he didn't know either. But, I would have to say it is innumerable. It's 2015 and I have a 5 year old boy, a 7 year old boy, and an 8 year old girl and sometimes it seems like I hear it every 10-15 seconds.

The truth is...we hear it a lot. Some days we answer the first time with a yes mam/sir, or yes sweetie. Other days, we answer on the 3rd call with a WHAT!

Come on ladies, let's be honest here...we are not always those sweet little perfect people that we portray ourselves as on various social media and on our blogs. The fact is we are far from perfect. We laugh, we cry, we yell, we scream, we have good days, and we have bad days, but, as a child of the King, we always have someone to lean on. Many people say that we "Christians" use God as a crutch. And to that I say, Yes I do. Who else would I want to lean on when I am broken and busted up. Like the old song says "Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms." I hope that in your time of need you can lean on the everlasting arms of God. Use Him as a crutch because He is strong enough to hold you up when you can't hold yourself up. But, on those good days, don't forget to lean on Him then as well. Those are the days in which you can look into the heavens and praise Him and Thank Him for all His many blessings. For it is those good days that will help you remember just how awesome God is! 

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Psalm 34:8 


No comments:

Post a Comment